2020 want2race terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions
‘want2race’ means Want2race Limited Registered in England with Company Number 12031220 and having its registered office at Helios 47 Isabella Road Leeds LS25 2DY and for the purposes of these terms and conditions includes its officers, employees and agents.
‘Driver’ means the customer driver of any vehicle at an Event including any additional drivers.
‘You’ means (i) the person purchasing goods or services from want2race and (ii) the Driver where the Event was purchased for the Driver
‘want2race Event’ means the event at which services are to be provided to You and/or Driver. Want2race Event includes any and all of the want2race track day drive options and/or want2race services and/or want2race track day car experiences and/or want2race road safety and system of car control training and/or want2race driver tuition services that may be provided by want2race to You and/or the Driver.
‘want2race Event Fees’ means (i) the fee payable by You to want2race in respect of the want2race Event; (ii) any amounts due for any good or services purchased from want2race related to the want2race Event and (iii) all and any sums in respect of damage and costs and any other fees and expenses arising out of or under or by virtue of this Agreement.
If You make a want2race Event booking for the benefit of a third party Driver You agree that the Driver will be made fully aware of these Terms and Conditions and in particular paragraphs 14 and 15 and 23 below prior to the want2race Event.
Booking, Payment, Refunds and Cancellations of want2race Events
- Provisional bookings do not guarantee or howsoever confirm participation in any want2race Event unless or until all want2race Event Fees have been paid in full to want2race. All bookings are web based and want2race does not accept written paper bookings.
- A provisional booking will only be confirmed as an actual booking when want2race has received payment in full and as cleared funds from You of the want2race Event Fee in the want2race bank account. VAT invoices are automatically despatched by web service (email) upon receipt of payment as cleared funds and accordingly the accurate completion of invoicing details and the provision of a valid effective email address are Your responsibility.
- want2race Events are sold as actual bookings on a first-come-first-served basis. If an Event is full on receipt of your payment, a full refund will be made.
- It is possible that a want2race Event may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of want2race. If that occurs then regardless of when or how that occurs You agree that want2race cannot be held liable for any loss or expense incurred by You. If such a cancellation occurs then want2race will if possible compensate You in the form of an alternative want2race Event subject to these General Terms and Conditions or issue a credit note valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Alternatively, you may request a refund subject to deduction of a 15% administration charge.
- Bookings cancelled by You more than 28 calendar days before the date of the want2race Event will be entitled to a credit note valid for 12 months from the date of issue or you may request a refund of the want2race Event Fees paid minus a 15% administration charge.
- Bookings cancelled by You 28 calendar days or less before the date of the want2race Event will only be entitled to a credit or refund if the Event is full and a replacement booking is taken. Any credit note issued will valid for 12 months from the date of issue. If you request a refund instead of accepting a credit note, the refund will be made less a 15% administration charge.
- Actual Bookings are not transferrable between want2race Events. In the event whereby credit notes are issued as an alternative to a refund, these credit notes expire after 12 months. Once a credit note has been issued it cannot be refunded.
- Prices of want2race Event Fees may vary up until the time a Booking is made and cleared funds received.
want2race Event Regulations
- All Drivers must produce evidence of holding a current EU driving licence and must sign the want2race Driver Indemnity Form and/or Track Day Declaration when signing on at the want2race Event. A copy of the Driver Indemnity document /Track Day Declaration is available on the want2race website. No Driver can participate who does not conform to this Condition. The want2race Driver Indemnity document is a constituent material part of these General Terms and Conditions. You agree that and You understand that any participation in an event or driving on a race track constitutes a potentially hazardous activity and You have volunteered to take part in the want2race Event at entirely Your own risk.
- want2race does accept Bookings in respect of junior drivers [defined as a driver under the age of 17 at the date of the relevant want2race Event] but in all such cases the Junior Driver MUST (1) be the holder of an MSA Junior Race Licence and (2) MUST have a Grade A or Grade S ARDS instructor in the passenger seat of the driven car at all times and (3) MUST only drive at the Event a car of the type that the junior driver is eligible to race under the terms of their MSA Junior Race Licence and (4) a Parent or other legally responsible adult of the junior driver must sign the want2race Driver Indemnity Form by way of countersignature of the junior driver. Where the counter signatory is not a Parent then written evidence of the permission of a Parent must be provided to the entire satisfaction of want2race
- want2race reserves the right to terminate any Driver’s participation in an want2race Event if in the opinion of want2race the Driver is unsuitable mentally or physically or by presenting in inappropriate dress to commence or continue participation in the want2race Event or in the event of any damage to want2race property, or to any vehicle or component of any vehicle or to the property of any third party or of the venue. In such circumstances no refund will be made.
- All Drivers must wear crash helmets conforming to current FIA/MSA Regulations. The validity of all Driver crash helmets and safety equipment is a matter entirely for the responsibility of the Driver and/or Parent in relation to a junior driver but want2race reserves the right to refuse permission to take part in a want2race Event if it is considered that safety equipment is inadequate and in such cases the decision of want2race in relation to any Driver own helmet will be final. All Drivers must have covered arms and legs at all times when driving or as a passenger to an instructor. Driver must when driving remove any facial jewellery [eg ear rings, nose-rings] on grounds of safety. No hand held cameras (or camera phones) are permitted. Any on board cameras must be securely mounted using appropriate equipment.
- If you are using your own vehicle at a want2race Event then it is only permitted to use road tyres unless fitted with MSA approved type roll-over protection. If a Caterham type vehicle then it must have a full FIA approved roll-cage and if a saloon or hatchback car then it must have a half or full roll-cage. It is Driver’s responsibility to ensure that adequate properly affixed towing eyes are securely mounted and easily accessible. want2race will not be responsible for any damage howsoever occasioned to any Driver own vehicle in the course of recovery of it [e.g. but not exclusively from a gravel trap].
- Any vehicle provided by You for participation in a want2race Event must either have a current MOT Certificate and which must be produced or on your own declaration be capable of passing MSA scrutineering. You confirm that the car provided by You and driven at the event will at all times comply with the noise limits applicable to the Event as published by want2race. The suitability and safety of any vehicle provided by You is entirely a matter for You but want2race reserves the right to terminate the participation in a want2race Event if it is considered that the vehicle You present is at any time unsuitable and in such cases the decision of want2race is final and no refund will be given to You in respect of any vehicle rejected by want2race. Where a booking is made involving a single driver, any number of vehicles can be used on-track at no additional cost. Bookings involving multiple drivers are limited to one vehicle only. It is not permitted to swap stickers between vehicles.
- You will pay to want2race forthwith on demand and as a debt the full cost of all and any damage occasioned by Driver to any vehicle (including all and any components of it) provided to You by want2race at an want2race Event except where any provable manifest failure of the vehicle occurs and which directly causes the damage arising. Fair wear and tear to tyres is excluded from this liability. The obligation created under this paragraph 15 includes the obligation for You to pay to want2race all and any legal costs, fees and expenses arising from enforcement of the terms of contract. Refer to paragraph 23 below.
- You are financially liable for all and any damage caused to circuit property. Refer to paragraphs 22 and 23 below.
- Driver must attend the want2race Event drivers’ safety briefing and cannot take part until that has occurred. Platinum Members are the only exception to this rule.
- Timing and competitive driving is forbidden for track days.
- For test days and race meetings a current Motorsport UK race licence is required.
- Drivers who cause an unreasonable number of stoppages of a want2race Event may be excluded and no refund will be given; the decision of want2race is final.
- Aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any want2race personnel or any other person at a want2race event will result in termination of the event for the Driver. No refund will be given and the decision of want2race is final.
- You should be aware that Driver breaking the want2race Regulations and any track rules may invalidate any track day insurance held.
- You are not insured by want2race when driving on track for any damage to person or property except for damage to a car hired from want2race by You. When a car is hired by You an excess is payable by You in the sum shown in the table below. The excess applies in respect of each and every Claim unless you have purchased excess reduction policy offered by want2race. Due to the nature of the vehicle, no excess reduction is offered for the G55 Supercup car.
Vehicle Standard Excess for Under-21's
Caterham Roadsport £2,500 (two thousand five hundred pounds sterling)
Ginetta G40 GRDC £2,500 (two thousand five hundred pounds sterling)
Ginetta G40 GT5 £2,500 (two thousand five hundred pounds sterling)
Ginetta G55 Supercup £5,000 (five thousand pounds sterling)
Participation by You in any want2race Event is entirely at your and/or Driver risk to the full extent permitted by law. Where applicable you must as a condition of participation provide to want2race a pre-authorisation of a credit card for an amount limited to £2,500 [two thousand five hundred pounds sterling] to cover any possible claim arising in relation to damage and/or insurance policy excess. Any such pre-authorisation will be destroyed at the end of the want2race Event provided that no liability attaches to You arising out of the want2race Event under the provisions of these terms and conditions.